Saturday, August 17, 2013

Adventures in Jaxon-Sitting

Wow, it's been a long time since I've updated my blog!

I debating on posting on tumblr, but then I wouldn't be able to arrange all my pictures! Despite a few obstacles on our hotel's end, my trip to LA was a lot of fun! Jaxon Hall - mime-lord from my friend Samantha Shannon's highly anticipated novel THE BONE SEASON - tagged along with me to see the lands of America. Me and Jaxon were stopped several times by passing admirers, but you'll soon read about that!

And now for your featured presentation:



Monday, 1st Day

My family and I left San Jose at about 10.30 and began our long drive to LA. Jaxon particularly didn't like the long drive, despite my dad taking stops along the way to stretch and have a smoke break. I get car sick really easily, too, so this probably played a factor in Jaxon's various complaints.

I managed to see the meteor shower, as well! They were really pretty, and took my mind off of puking the candy I'd been wolfing down the whole drive.

By the time we got into the city, the highways were emptier than Jaxon's patience. We officially pulled into our hotel at 3.50 in the morning, and were greeted with several obstacles. For one, we got our key to our room and found out that it was already occupied. Then they bumped us to a "suite" and our suite was about as suite as a toilet. The bathroom fan didn't work, we had a brick wall, and the walls had scratches.

If it wasn't for the fact that we were exhausted, Jaxon and I would've complained more. We went to bed immediately.



Tuesday, 2nd Day


Jaxon as he declares his arrival in Disneyland.
No one in line cared.
My family and I (and a tag along Jaxon) arrived at Disneyland at about 12:30. We were MEANT to arrive earlier but Jaxon just had to insist on extra time to look his best and wanting to get breakfast.

Waiting in line
By the time we arrived the lines were about as long as one of his speeches. 

Our first stop was the 8th circle of Hell. Some of us in the USA know this by another name: the DMV. But I'm sure we all agree that the most common name is "waiting lines". Jaxon didn't find this intimidating, though irritating. In fact, he spent the whole time smirking, knowing we would soon enough pass all the commoners and make it first into the park. His complaining didn't make the line faster, and neither did his arguing with the woman in front of us about her being a "vile augur".



Disneyland, Main Street
We waited for 30 minutes before being officially let in, and after Jaxon declared he'd complain to management. 

Disneyland's Main Street was packed, and full of children running around with their parents this way and that. Jaxon hated it, of course, so we decided to take the Disneyland Railroad around the park. It was quite relaxing, if you ignored the Australian tourists behind us, arguing about which had the better churro. 

After me and mom decided to head to The Mad Hatter Store on Main Street and buy some souvenirs before we got started. I treated myself to a mini Cheshire Cat top hat and - ignoring Jaxon's many threats to skin me alive and make me into a rug for his office - I bought him a little Mickey Mouse hat for him to wear for the trip and another with his name on it.
Haters gonna hate.

We bought a few more things - and took pictures with Disney characters roaming - before finally heading out. 


Bitches be jealous.
A lot of our day was spent in New Orleans Square, where we went to the Haunted Mansion, The Nightmare Before Christmas' Le Bat en Rogue themed store, took a ride on the Mark Twain ferry, took a canoeing ride along River's of America (me and Jaxon both agreed it was a horrible experience and vowed to never do this again, ever. Work should never be involved in vacationing) .

After we took a smoke break for my dad and then made our way to Tomorrowland, where rumored Tony Stark and his Iron Man suits were currently at. But of course before I could fulfill my dream of seeing suits that Robert Downey Jr. touched, my little brother just HAD to go on the Astro Orbitor whilst dad enthusiastically pulled us towards Star Tours - The Adventure Continues. Jaxon did not like the notion of being in space, and hated the constant movements. He also called R2-D2 a trash can.
Jaxon and the "trash can"

Thankfully after two very long, sweaty-people-coated hours later - and people stopping me and asking if they could take a picture with Sherlock Holmes, something Jaxon did not find amusing - we made our way to Innoventions.


He would like a suit like this.
The inside was really cool, very spacey and full of families and tourists from other parts of the world running around to see the attractions. Jaxon and I broke off from my family to find Iron Man. We were immediately greeted by JARVIS, who proceeded to introduce the Stark Industries funded area and explaining the various suits Tony Stark created and their functions. Jaxon was very impressed, surprisingly, and wished to meet Tony Stark. Unfortunately, we didn't see him around, so we stuck to taking pictures of his suits (Samantha, if you're reading this, Jaxon says Dani is fired and Stark needs to be contacted).

We called it a day after seeing Tomorrowland and made our way to our hotel, but not before getting Sleeping Beauty's Princess Aurora's autograph and picture. Jaxon refused to take one with her when she asked, so Kaimana took one for him. We then went back to our hotel and got ready for dinner.

Dinner was at a fabulous place called Claim Jumpers and was quiet - probably because we were all exhausted - but enjoyable. 

Jaxon and I fell asleep to Kitchen Nightmares.



Wednesday, 3rd Day

As our last day in Disneyland was upon us, we all woke up early so we could see the whole park. Immediately after getting in Belle from Beauty and the Beast was present at the front. We waited a few minutes before getting her picture, because Kaimana was trying to fix his hair.


First class.
Plotting to take over.
Instead of walking down Main Street - and Jaxon complaining that only "peasants" and "vile augurs" walked the same stretch of road twice - we all hopped on Main Street's double decker bus to Sleeping Beauty's castle. We sat on top, as Jaxon explained it was only appropriate, and waved at the peasants that passed us by. 

We stopped to take a few pictures of the castle, and Jaxon and I were stopped by several passersby - especially one enthusiastic man that looked as if he was about to wet himself from excitement - who asked if they could have a picture. They mostly confused him with Benedict Cumberbatch, and referred to him as "Benedict Cumberbatch dressed in victorian clothing" or more popular, Sherlock Holmes. Jaxon did not appreciate this, but nonetheless would not turn down enthusiastic fans wishing for a picture.


Pictures with peasants.
We made our way to the Fantasy Faire, where the Royal Hall was located. Cinderella, Aurora and Ariel were there for the first half of the day, so we decided to pay a visit. While in line we were stopped by a royal page boy who recognized Jaxon and wished for a picture with Benedict Cumberbatch. He was so excited, how could I turn him down?

We waited in line for a few moments before being let in. We met Cinderella first, who asked if Jaxon was a prince. When he corrected her and told her he was a mime-lord, she just smiled and said if she could have a picture with him, because he was so handsome. He obliged, but refused to hold the mouse in her hand. Pictures were also taken with Ariel and Aurora, but he didn't like those, especially upon finding out that Ariel used to be half-fish. Jaxon left in disgust, and I apologized to the princesses for his behavior.
Jaxon gets all the bitches.


We didn't get to stop for breakfast, so we went back to Main Street and had sundaes at the Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor. Jaxon does not like sweets, but he couldn't say no to my Neapolitan sundae.

We then went back to Tomorrowland and went on the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters. Jaxon didn't understand the concept, so he rode with me and Kaimana. The premise of the ride is to shoot the markers. I managed a Level 4 Space Scout ranking. Jaxon Hall managed a Level 1 Star Cadet. He proceeded to rant about the ride being wrong and stomped away, but not before being dragged off to the Finding Nemo Submarine Adventure. He did not like the idea of being in a confined space, and complained the whole ride through. He told all the children that the ride was fake, and the "fishes" were computer generations and made them cry. We left before the angry parents could really tell Jaxon what was on their mind.

We rested for a bit before making our way to the It's A Small World ride. My mother and Kaimana enjoyed the ride. Jaxon vowed that he would purchase Disneyland from Walt Disney and burn the ride to the ground. As we got out of the boat, he proceeded to spit on the shoes of the ride operator.


Break time.
I had to drag Jaxon away before security managed to get there and made an escape for Mickey's Toontown nearby. Jaxon exclaimed that Toontown was worse than It's A Small World and remained bolted at the entrance until we were done. Kaimana and I went on Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, went through Chip and Dale's Treehouse and Donald Duck's Boat, explored Minnie Mouse and Mickey Mouse's homes and met the pair themselves, along with Goofy and Donald. We managed to snag a few pictures before catching up with Jaxon, who complained we took too long.

As we left Toontown, we noticed a lot of walkways being blocked off and stopped to ask. We were told that the parade was going to begin shortly. Kaimana immediately decided we were going to stay so we waited. Jaxon didn't know what was going on until everyone started cheering. He immediately thought that the parade was in his honor, so he enjoyed himself. He would later find out - to his deep offense - that the parade was actually the annual Mickey's Soundsational Parade.

We left for dinner and came back for a few more rides and to get the last of our souvenirs before the park
Peter's thumb before my phone died
closed for the night.


We walked back to Fantasyland to go to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, but while my parents and brother were in the store, Jaxon and I waited outside. 

However, to my excitement, Peter Pan happened along by, taking pictures with people. I dragged Jaxon along with me and asked if he could take a picture with me before my phone died. He happily agreed and I asked Jaxon to take a picture first. Jaxon refused at first but then complied - after I agreed to give him his cane back. I turned away for a moment to get my phone out of my backpack and I turned around to cackling Peter Pan whisking off a furious Jaxon. 

The next two hours was spent chasing after Peter Pan and asking passersby if they had seen an angry Benedict Cumberbatch and young man in green tights run by.

I was almost about to give up hope until I spotted said green-tights sporting man-child at the Mad Tea Cups. He laughed and gave me a hug and reasoned his "kidnapping" was to assure I wouldn't miss the free ice cream the treat vendor was handing out. I was NOT happy, but did find the affair funny. Jaxon did not and vowed vengeance upon Peter Pan.


Mad Tea Cups
I got my ice cream, and Jaxon was no closer to his vengeance upon Peter, who had conveniently vanished. We spent the rest of our time in Fantasyland and went on the carousel, rode on a baby elephant, spun in mad tea cups for a mad tea party and went on Pinocchio's Daring Journey.

Our last two hours were spent on Main Street, spending ridiculous amounts of money on gifts for family and friends, which unfortunately resulted in us missing the last shuttle to our hotel and forcing us to walk. Jaxon was in a foul mood for the rest of the night, but I think he had fun!








And that's it folks! I am now home - with lots of new things - and Jaxon is bitter about the whole charade and hates Disneyland even more! May do a vlog, stay tuned!



- Lala










No comments:

Post a Comment