Saturday, May 12, 2012

Samantha on the Move

I'm sure a lot of you have heard, since a few days ago the article went quite viral on Twitter and other blog websites, but if a few of you have missed, my friend Samantha Shannon got her novel The Bone Season published with Bloomsbury Publishing!

I honestly couldn't be more proud, as she's been wanting this her whole life and worked hard on her novel to deserve it. When she first told me, as any good friend, I screamed and woke up my family - as I live across the world in California and different time zones! It seemed quite unreal, mostly because Bloomsbury Publishing is quite a famous company, especially for their publishing of the Harry Potter series. To me that meant that she had shown them something they really, really loved; I swear, I was so excited I lost my drawing spark for two-three weeks, my senses were so blown.

Even now it still seems shocking; she's always wanted to be a published author and it's both surreal and amazing that she was able to achieve that. She's kept me up to date with her goings-on - or as much as she can let me, which is only what has been posted on the internet, curses! - and with each new information, I think I'm going to just explode I'm so excited.

I shall continue and will always stand by her and support her as she journeys through her newfound "famous-dom" (not a word, I know) in the wonderful world of publishing.

Especially through art. Because like writing, art is just as important!

You can follow her journey through her publishing adventure here, as well as receive any other news about her progress.

My friend Samantha is and has always been lovely, intelligent, the sweetest person you'll ever meet - if not TALL, curse her height D: - and I guarantee you my word that her talent for writing is out of this world, and when The Bone Season comes out, you will all be as excited as I am to read it!

I'm always proud of you, Sami, and especially for achieving your dream ♥

Anyways, back to art for me.







Love&Rockets,


Lala

No comments:

Post a Comment